Today I passed my aws certified solutions architect exam with %82 score. I want to share my experience about exam and also some study tips. Actually before I started to study for the exam , I searched for other people’s experiences. As everybody shared it is important to have good hands on experience. I have more than 3 years experience with AWS ( especially ec2 ,ebs and vpc ) . Also it is important to have knowledge/experience about high availability, elasticity, disaster recovery and security. You can find the exam structure here. It is important to read and understand for the exam preparation.
How did I studied for AWS certified solutions architecture exam:
– First of all I made a list of the important services and assessed my knowledge about them.
– I had taken Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – AL(2014) and retook it again. I really recommend Udemy’s course since it covers lots of the concepts that will help you to pass the exam. You can check Udemy’s website.
Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – AL(2014)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect (2013)
More Udemy courses about AWS :
Other materials I know:
Cbtnuggets have also good courses if you can purchase .
Pluralsight website have aws related courses if you can purchase
– I studied almost practical aspects of all services. Then I tried to read related whitepapers.
– For 2 days before the exam I tried to read FAQS of the services.
– I rechecked the concepts on Udemy’s Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – AL(2014) course
– For practical sample questions I used cloudacademy.com website. Cloudacademy have lots of questions and decks that you can test your knowledge and find in which areas you should focus more.
My exam tips:
According to me exam was not too much easy and hard also. I recommend to focus on EC2,VPC,EBS,ELB,Autoscaling,Cloudwatch,PIOPS,EBS vs Instance store,RDS,Routing in VPC, Security for VPC. There are questions like services best usage cases and architecture design related questions like how you would create a high available service if you have this environment? I can say that if you read the exam blueprint you can cover lots of questions. Exam doesn’t ask for cli commands or things like “what is the configuration of t1.micro”.
I prepared a sample exam also. If you want you can test yourself here
All the best to everyone who are preparing…